Scrap! Fabric Friday

14 comments
If you search  the word valentine in the upper left hand corner of my blog you will see I love to make projects for Valentine's Day.  There are even some I forgot about.  Seriously.
This was a scrappy heart I made last year.  You can read about it HERE.  You can't have too many hearts this time of year.  Right?  This was a really fun and fast project that I machine quilted myself (a perfect size for anyone).
I do love 2.5" squares and try to use them as often as I can in projects.  Seeing these red bits brings back good memories of other projects, some of them from years back.  I like to save 2.5" scraps.  For me, that is the smallest size I save.  Otherwise, it just gets overwhelming for me.
You can't go wrong with red.  Dip into your scraps and see what you can come up with for Valentine's Day.  

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

14 comments

Lynn said...

Adorable!
I just found some darling valentine fabric in my stash. I have no idea how it got there. Whenever I bought it, I still love it.
Maybe I have an elf infestation who come and leave cute fabric, that's what I'm going to tell my family when they get too nosy.

Des said...

Hey! I was going to say Adorable, but Lynn beat me to it.
So I'll say.....LOVE!!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

You are absolutely correct - red is a winner every time. I remember this heart. Love it!

Quilty Conscience said...

What a fun project! And I agree, 2 1/2 inch squares are my favorite size. Toni

Anna said...

I love the reds! The shape is so cute too!

Deborah said...

I love hearts! This is adorable. And red is one of my top favorite colors!

AnnieO said...

Cute as ever! I love red too :)

Jan said...

I so love this! It makes me sad that you throw out those smaller pieces - they are such fun to work with imo :)

Cheryl said...

Love it Nanette!!! Think I need to whip up a couple of these.

Nedra said...

And you have the cutest reds to pull from for a scrappy heart.

dream quilt create said...

Your heart block is so pretty! I have some of the same fabrics in my stash, it was fun to see them!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking I'd like to make a little Valentine "something" and here you post the perfect thing! It IS adorable and do-able - two of my favorite combinations! Love the Pam Kitty runner, too, it's so, so happy! Off to dig in my stash for REDS! xo, Nan

Thimbleanna said...

Very cute Nanette! I'm impressed that you save scraps that little -- the older I get, the more careless I get about throwing them away. SO much fabric, so little time LOL!

Unknown said...

I so love this! This made me sad, you throw away those small pieces - they are so interesting to work with the international maritime organization:)
cheap mlb jerseys
cheap jerseys free shipping