Freda's Hive Family Retreat

15 comments
The hive has been so busy in September.  Last weekend was my annual retreat for family members and it was fun and wonderful to be with family.  I regret I didn't take the time to take many photos.  We were so busy and the time just flew by.
Good food is always part of the fun.  Everyone pitches in.  Cake is a big part of the tradition.
My niece Tricia finished her Freda's Beehive quilt.  It turned out great Tricia. 
My sister Michelle made a queen sized Beehive quilt for her bedroom at the ranch.  This will look perfect on her bed.
My sister Polly made a table topper from her hives.  Super cute I think.  My niece Tana hasn't finished her project yet but is well on her way.  And my sister Teri finished her pillow case from the ranch this past summer.  Darn.  I didn't get photos of those projects.

A great time was had by all.  I always look forward to getting together with the girls in the family.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

15 comments

Simone de Klerk said...

Very talented sisters (o: And niece of course.

circle r motel said...

Morning Nanette... That must be your home in the background. I love the yellow walls. I want a Freda's bee hive table topper too!! Is that bee fabric in the corner's of Polly's quilt? It's a pattern you sell, right? Thanks for the photos!

Nedra said...

I think the Hive quilt is a perfect project for your family to work on together as a rembrance and tribute to Freda. How fun that you all get together to quilt.

AnnieO said...

Great quilts, all! What a fun time you had, I don't fault you for concentrating on that instead of photos :)

Annette said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. I really do love the quilts. Awesome pattern.

Thimbleanna said...

How fun! You're so lucky to have so many quilters in your family. That cake looks fabulous too!

Joy said...

Oooh Nanette I love all of those quilts!! Looks like it's been a 'hive' of activity at your place (sorry, couldn't help myself LOL).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

em's scrapbag said...

How fun to have sisters that quilt. Love all your hive quilts.

Lori Holt said...

Looks like you had a great time!....how fun it is to sew with family and to make such a cute quilt!

Unknown said...

a lot of busy bees in your family, the quilts are wonderful and also will be a legacy.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Great quilts! And the cake looks good, too! Wonderful family memories.

Carrie P. said...

fun! and great quilts by all.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

How very nice that you can share time together doing what you love. All the quilts (and the girls) look great!

pratima said...

Beautiful Bee quilts! Glad you all had a wonderful retreat time! That cake is sooo cute!!

Library Gal Quilts said...

Darling Bee Quilts! and so nice to have that retreat time together!