Vacation

15 comments
It was another great week at my sister's family ranch (Stewart Crow Creek Ranch) out of Afton, Wyoming. We had a wonderful time with family. The week went so incredibly fast. And now looking at our photos I realize we took way more movies than still photos and we used my daughter Whitney's camera more so I don't have those photos to post. This will be a very quick vaca photo report.
The lake is always fun. Our family likes to spend time out on the boat, fishing and paddling around in the very very cold water.My nephew Josh, Mason Dave  having a "man dip" here in the lake. Dave said it was bonding time.
While we were at the ranch, a wagon train came through on the old dirt road that goes from Afton into Montpelier, Idaho commemorating how trade used to travel through those towns. The Stewart ranch is right off that road. The wagon train took kids and adults on rides.
We went into Afton a few days for supplies and lunch. We had fun going down main street with Allison. Shadow is in his bag next to Allison and Shelbie. Shadow is easy to take around and is so good in his bag. No one knows when we go into stores that we have a dog.
More main street and Allison. She wasn't sure what that big guy was doing.
We always do a craft or sewing project. We made Christmas Trees from this pattern. You can just see them sitting next to my sister Polly and her sewing machine. That was really fun. We also had a carnival for the grandchildren but I don't have photos of that (darn!).
If you remember I made myself a family history quilt from flags of my heritage. I made mini quilts for my sisters with the same flags. This is my sister Polly standing next to hers after she hung it at her house.

So back to life now. And into fall. Tomorrow is September already. I only have Mason at home and in school now. It is kind of weird but life marches on.

-nanette

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

15 comments

Cathy said...

I like your small heritage flag quilt. What a great gift to make for your sisters!

PamKittyMorning said...

Love all the photos, Shadow in a Bag cracks me up. Love the mini quilt. Love you. xo

Lynn said...

Welcome back from vacation! Looks like a perfect vacation: fun with family and sewing too. Love the mini flag quilt.

jen duncan said...

I bet that IS weird, only having one kid home now! Well my friend, that just means you've done your job well. :-)
It's a close contest who is cuter--Shelbie or the little purse dog, but I have to go with Shelbie. You must be enjoying her so much. Your family vacations are becoming something I look forward to as well, lol. They just look perfect. Everyone should have such a thing to look forward to.
On to Fall!....

Mary said...

Sounds like you had a great vacation. Loe the flag quilt. Have made the trees for Christmas. They are so much fun. Thank you for sharing.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I love your blog Nanette. Love the mini flag quilt--looks like you had a great vacation!
xo
Kelli

AnnieO said...

Looks like a lively and lovely getaway! Allison is so cute looking up at the big man.

Glad your family flags were so well loved immediately!

michelle said...

It was such a fun week I only wish we could do it all over again next week. We love your family.

Nedra said...

I know your entire family has such a great time in Wyoming every year. What a great tradition with happy memories.

Lori Holt said...

Love all the photos Nanette...I wanted to jump right in the lake!...it's still so hot here and I love the water:)
Afton is a fun place to shop and Allison looks so cute!
The mini flag quilts turned out so cute...love it all!
You are fast becoming an empty nester!...wow. I bet that is strange for you and quiet.
Okay...I'm with you, on to apple season!
x
Lori

Thimbleanna said...

Welcome Back Nanette! It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. I LOVE those mini heritage quilts -- VERY cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great, relaxing time! I love the mini quilt you made for your sister(s)...adorable! But as usual, Allison stole the show! She is getting so big so fast!! And is just so squeezeably cute! I'm sure it was so fun for you to have her along - grandbabies are the best! xo, Nan

CreationsForEleanor said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time, so fun! Love the mini quilt idea and of course, love the bow in Allison's hair:)

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Looks like you all had a good time. Cold water sounds pretty good right about now! Allison is getting so big, and so pretty. Wish I could fit Bruno in a bag. LOL

Sherri said...

Oh, I love the mini-quilt! I need to be one of your sisters!!!