More Flag Blocks

11 comments
This is a continuation of my project I showed last Friday.
I showed you my Asterisk Union Jack made from the tutorial on Selvage blog found here.
The quilt made by Karen (shown above) was featured in QuiltMaker magazine. Isn't it fabulous. I really love it. I want to make this quilt.In review, I used the tutorial and changed up the size to 6.5"x9" to make the Union Jacks. And I made several of them. I'm making a tiny table top version of my personal flag quilt.
I made mini Slovakian flags in the same 6.5"x9" size. I actually used fusible for the shield, cross and mountain part of the flag. I hardly ever use fusible but for this application it worked perfectly.
I made mini Danish flags.
And I made mini USA flags. They all went together fairly quickly. Now I need to sash them, border them and machine quilt into the mini table toppers I have planned.

Sew Busy!

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

11 comments

em's scrapbag said...

Cute little flags. An astrick quilt is on my to do list.

beth said...

Looking good!

AnnieO said...

Those will be too adorable! I like the asterisk quilt lots too.

Cille said...

Love the flags.... Makes an grumpy, old Dane like me all warm at heart ;)

Nedra said...

Those are just the cutest things. I love the mini size.

Lori Holt said...

Way cute and tiny Nanette!
Love them...so sweet.
xx
Lori

Susan said...

Oh, Nanette, you are just too much cuteness. I absolutely love the flags.

Calli Makes Do said...

What wonderful flags. Even though the Fourth is long gone, it makes me want to whip some American Flags up for a bunting, I'm pretty sure I have a blue check and red stripes in the stash.

Thimbleanna said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your use of the gingham for the stars on the US flag -- you're brilliant!!!

pratima said...

These are adorable! They are going to make beautiful mini toppers! Have a great weekend!

Retrogirl said...

Nanette, what an adorable quilt you have in the works!!! I do hope you're enjoying a nice vacation with your family.
Best Wishes & Happy Quilting,
Heather