Hanging my 2010 Block of the Month Quilt

20 comments
With March here I'm feeling changes in the sun that peeks into my windows. The days are longer (thank heaven) and now if it snows I know that it won't hang around for long because snow melts quickly in the spring.
So in honor of the hope of spring I changed out my quilt in my entryway and moved my little treasures around. I really love this quilt. It makes me so happy. I don't like that part of it is covered up by my side board but I am glad that some of the springiest parts of the quilt are shown on the top part of the quilt.
Remember this is a long quilt. It just pools slightly on the floor. I can live with that.
I like to put tablecloths on my side board and this is a fun vintage cloth showing place settings. It is very whimsical. I love the plates.
I thought spring for putting out treasures. The chicken and bunny are very Easter/spring and my bees will be out of the hive on nice days hunting around the yard.
I have some little vintage Easter bunnies and chicks that were used for decorating flowers at a florist many years ago. I would like to make them into an Easter wreath but I need to widen my collection first.
This just makes me smile when I walk down the front stairway and through the entryway. The colors are full of the hope of spring.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

20 comments

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

This is so pretty! Yay for spring!

Lori Holt said...

Hi Nanette...
I'm all for the hope of spring!
I'm tired of the cold:)...and hooray for longer days!...thats the very best part.
I love your quilt too and its perfectly pooled bottom in your entryway.
xx
lori

PamKittyMorning said...

I love how the quilt turned out!! It looks so cheery with all those goodies!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

That is a very happy quilt, Nanette, good choice for cheering up the place and reminding that Spring is on the way! It's arrived here and things are beginning to leaf out - my favorite time of year. Yippee!!!

Phyllis said...

This is such a pretty quilt and I love the way it is displayed. So ready for spring too!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Love this quilt, one of my favorite quilts you've done.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh, I would so smile too, if I was able to see all that wonderful Spring in my house. Your quilt turned out amazing!! I also love your green plate!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

The quilt and all your goodies surely say SPRING!!!! Thanks for sharing such cheerful pictures!!

Momoo said...

Very springlike. Totally agree, the sun is shining and if it snows it won't last long. So glad to see spring on the way. Your quilt looks great.

Melissa @Lilac Lane said...

I want to come visit Nanette! Your house must be beautiful.

Unknown said...

Very pretty Nanette, looks like Spring has arrived at your house :)

Betsy said...

it would make me smile. It is adorable.

Carrie P. said...

So pretty. Love the tablecloth. So unique.
The quilt definitely says spring.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How nice that looks! Great 'greeter' for an entryway. And goes so nicely with all your collections - love the tea pot!

Sherry said...

Your BOM quilt is wonderful. Looks so cheerful in your entryway. I love all the little goodies you've displayed around it. Great job Nanette!

suesueb said...

Makes me smile for sure! Very happy and beautiful!!

Joyce said...

Hi Nanette!

Wonderful quilt! Looking forward to seeing you soon! I am trying to get ready for market.. it will be so much fun!

Sherri said...

I love it, Nanette! I almost feel like a quilt is really finished wheh it's hanging on a wall or out for display some other way!

Joyce said...

Nanette,

I forget to mention... I am having a giveaway on my blog.. PLEASE spread the word!!! Thanks

Simone de Klerk said...

Such loveliness, Nanette! So many techniques. I think I would find something new everyday in it.
Happy you, happy spring that is soon to come!