Sample Quilts and Retreat News for Next Year

24 comments
In the middle of the Christmas sewing crunch I squeezed in some time to make another sample quilt for my Kettles in the Kitchen pattern. I'm not quite sure how I did it but it was fun. I haven't gotten tired of making this quilt.
As per my usual I used mainly vintage and Lecien fabrics to make the samples. Above this teakettle is made with a small chunk of a vintage feed sack. Speaking of Lecien, American Quilting just got in a HUGE box full of beautiful Lecien goodies. If you live locally you have to go to the store to check it out (tell them I sent you ;-)). I've want to go back this week and check it out since it was still packaged when I was there last week.
I used some of Lori's vintage fabric for the roof in the lower right hand of the photo. Lori was nice enough to share . Thanks Lori! It works perfectly in this quilt.
I really LOVE this Lecien strawberry print from the 30's line of fabric. And I had the quilt machine quilted with strawberries from Eagle Mountain Quilting. I was so happy with how it all came together. It may just might be my favorite sample quilt yet.I was so incredibly lucky to get this strawberry basket print for the border. It's like a memory of summer strawberries.
This latest sample quilt was taken to American Quilting in Orem Utah as a sample for a class I'll be teaching at American Quilting's retreat in Feb. 2010. The retreat will be held at a hotel in Provo, Utah. For details on how to attend contact Amy at American Quilting.
I took this sample to The Quilting Cottage in American Fork, Utah. I love the pink, red and turquoise. Another Lecien creation.
And this sample was taken to Material Girls in South Jordan, Utah. More strawberry and Lecien loveliness. Eagle Mountain Quilting stitched strawberries into this quilt, too.

I love all 3 quilts. It is really hard to pick a favorite. I'll also be teaching this same quilt along with my Mixed Bag to Quilt pattern in June, 2010 at the Panguitch, Utah Quiltwalk. I'm sure both retreats have spots open and both of the retreats will be fabulous fun. I hope to see some of you there.

-nanette

(did I have enough links in this post? ha)
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

24 comments

Thimbleanna said...

Holy Cow Nanette! I can't fathom how you manage to make so many quilts -- you're WonderWoman!!!

Nedra said...

Hurrah, you are teaching in Panquitch, too. I now have another opportunity to see you this year. I will be teaching one class on Texture Magic.
All of your samples are delightful. Lucky stores!

Di~ said...

I love it, both of them, all of them! Your hand work is just amazing! These certainly are one of a kind(s). I'm jealous of all the quilty lovliness in Ut.

Jan said...

Awwwww, they are all gorgeous Nanette; and I can't believe how much you manage to accomplish ... and in December no less. Your decorations are beautiful too and I adore the yo-yo garland! That has been on my "wanna do" list for quite a few years now! I must make that happen someday :)

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Nanette, Your Kettle Quilt samples are gorgeous. I tried to pick a favorite but I like them all. You amaze me with your productivity. My cottage blocks are sitting next to my sewing machine just waiting to become a quilt but I can't seem to find time to do it. It may happen this weekend as we are not traveling to Iowa for the first time in years so I will treat myself to some personal stitching time!

Anonymous said...

Nanette your samples are beyond adorable!! If I could only get my hands on your sweet vintage stash....oh the quilts I would make...LOL Well, I would have to borrow some of your talent too =)
Melissa

Caesar Beezer The Wonder Dog said...

Oh I would love to come and take a class from you - it would be so fun! I just love your kettles - and I'm certainly not tired of seeing them! You always have such great ideas - if only there was MORE time! xo, The Other Nanette

PamKittyMorning said...

They are all so wonderful.. I don't know which one to fall in love with first!

Sherri said...

Love them all!!! Maybe I can come up to Panguitch...February is going to be kind of crazy I think!!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I just love your Kettle in The Kitchen Quilts; your attention to details is remarkable. I love the scalloped roof and the kitchen utensils in the window. Just Darling!
I loved all the links and I would be thrilled to get to take one of your classes! That is on my "to do" list!

strawberrycream39 said...

I love them all Nanette! Each one is prettier than the next! :-)

Carrie P. said...

I love them all too. You are so talented. I wish I could come to the retreats.

Sharleen said...

Boy you have been busy! Wish I could say I've completed 3 quilts. They are darling. Hard to choose a favorite!

amy smart said...

Ooo! Ooo! OOO! (Hand raised.) I saw your quilt with my own eyes at AQ. Even cuter in person!! I am so hoping to be able to go to the retreat this year.

em's scrapbag said...

I'll be at Panguitch, Utah Quiltwalk also. I'll look foward to meeting you in person, my dear bloggy friend. This is such a cute quilt.

Julia said...

I love them all Nanette...so cute! Lucky Em is going to meet you..what fun it should be!
Julia ♥

Diane said...

These are so darling! I think the last one is my favorite :) if I were to choose. There are all so cute!

pratima said...

Just stunning! I Love the color of the border. It makes the prettiest quilt even more prettier.
Each quilt is so beautiful in it's own way :)

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Nanette, I don't think I could choose a favorite either! They are ALL lovely. You continually amaze me. I have no idea how you get so much done!

Pat said...

If I lived in that area, I'd definitely want to take a class from you! These are all SO pretty!!!

Annette said...

They are all beautiful. You have been so busy, especially for this time of year. Great quilts!

Mel said...

I love all the quilts, but like you, I think I like the latest best!

I would love to come to the February retreat!! Hmmm, I'll have to do some figuring!! Will you have kits?

Elizabeth said...

You are amazing! Beautiful work - I think this is my favorite of all your patterns so far!!! Wish I was closer so I could come to the retreats!

Christine said...

Oh WOW. They are all gorgeous quilts but I think the pink/red/turqoise one is my favourite. Wish you were teaching a class near me.