Quilts

33 comments
Check out Terri's group of Christmas Cottage blocks spread out in her living room. She's a little ahead of me in finishing up the exchange. The rest of my group's blocks will arrive in the next day or so. I did get blocks today in the mail. I'll show those tomorrow.
Remember I was working on these sketch blocks a couple weeks ago. Well I finished the baby quilt made with those blocks.
This pic color is a little off but here it is - Crossroad's baby quilt. I made a crossroad baby quilt without houses and showed that one a month ago. It turned out ok. I think the houses needed to be bigger though. I entered 2 quilts in this baby contest at Make Baby Stuff. Com.

This tumbler quilt is the other baby quilt I entered. You can go see them at those links. I was supposed to ask friends to go vote for them but I didn't post my entries to the contest until the last day so I'm not sure it matters anymore. The instructions for the contest said they were looking for modern fabrics and a more modern design for the baby quilt winner. I'm not very sure my quilts meet that exact criteria but it doesn't hurt to try and the prize is Superbuzzy fabric so why not?!

Do you ever feel like your "want to make" list is longer than time could ever allow. I keep seeing such darling quilts that I want to make! It is impossible to start a new quilt before Christmas and after Christmas I'll be prepping for the Bryce Canyon retreat. But I can dream, can't I?
Flora brought me some quilt books and magazines to browse. I found this quilt above in the Quiltmania magazine. That is one fabulous publication. Click the picture. They are so so cute! There were not instructions for this quilt in the magazine but I already have several applique teapot designs made so I could applique my own version with my teapot drawings. I really love that shape.
I really like this quilt too. I love the scrappy texture with the white. The touches of black prints give it character. Each block has 3 different fabrics in them.
Someday, someday I really want to make this quilt. For some reason I've been wanting to make a star quilt lately.

My very very favorite star quilt is found here. You simply must click that and go to Lisa's Blog called Celebrate Creativity in All its Forms. Lisa has amazing taste and talent. Her colors and fabrics are always so lovely. If you have a moment go browse her blog. It is totally worth it. I want that quilt with the bursting star. I keep going back to look at the quilt and then looking at my fabric and thinking what would look good to recreate it. The red burst is a must no matter what fabric I use for the center. I like the muted green around it too. And the solid colors really make this quilt.

So many quilts. So little time.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

33 comments

Eileen said...

Yes. You must make a tea pot quilt for sure. And that star on Lisa's blog is gorgeous. You have such a good eye and a knack for finding treasures to show us.
Love your little house quilt.. it is adorable!

Des said...

Lovin' the cute sketch blocks in the Crossroads quilt!

Sherri said...

I love the tumbler baby quilt. And I have been dreaming about that star quilt on Lisa's blog as well...it's absolutely gorgeous. Some of the new lines I see in the market pictures might be just the ticket!

Mimi Sue said...

Love that tumbler quilt. The colors are fabulous. I took my first quilt class on Sat. Jeanette taught it. She's amazing. Very patient with us beginners. Lots to learn....Mimi

Cathi said...

Your tumbler quilt is fantastic! what a great little quilt. I can see why you love that star quilt. I fell in love with it too!

Sherry said...

I love both the baby quilts, adorable. I checked out Terri's cottage blocks..wow, they look great all laid out. OMG, I love that Coffee Break quilt. I think I must be a little ADD, I have so many things running thru my mind while trying to work on one project. You are right, so many quilts, so little time! :)

Joanna said...

Oh I love the baby quilts you did! So fun! I think the house one is my favorite.

I totally know how you feel with the "want to sew" list. My list keeps getting bigger and bigger, and I don't ever seem to have any time to sew. How do you find the time to get so much done? Curious minds want to know!

Lurline said...

I visited Terri's blog this morning - the cottages are amazing! I really love your tumbler baby quilt and wish you every success with it - who would have thought to do that!
I have put Followers on my sidebar - if you's like to click it would be a bit of nice publicity for us both!
Hugs - Lurline!

Cheryl said...

Love the tumbler quilt! You always get my mind in a whirl with all your quilting ideas. You are my go to for inspiration!!!!

Abby and Stephanie said...

If I only appliqued I'd make the teapot quilt. OH MY GOODNESS I love it. Wouldn't it be cute using polka dots??? :o)

Betsy said...

Nannette your baby quilts are just darling. I subscribe to quiltmania magazine. I am definetly going to look for that tea pot quilt. It is too cute.

Darlene said...

You always have something fun to show and share.

"I'm a little teapot....." :-)

pratima said...

The baby quilts are so cute!
Good luck with the contest :-)
The teapot quilt is so adorable. Love to see your version of it.

Purple and Paisley said...

your baby quilts are winners with me...and don't forget to add the hexagon quilt to your list of things to do...=)...

Unknown said...

I love that tumbler quilt. I have found that my to make list is growing by the day and often frustrates me...because I am an Environmental Engineer by day and a creator by night. I need more hours in the day.

Marlene

maria said...

Hi,your baby quilts are lovely, so pretty. Many thanks for the link to Lisa's blog. I agree,the star quilt is superb.
Maria x

Messy Karen said...

my "want to do" list keeps getting longer. that i just say i'm going to start on it next year. adding teapot to list. & wondering if it could be done in some raw edge applique method. your baby house quilt is so cute.

*karendianne. said...

Oh good lordy bee, you're right. So many quilts I see here I could get distracted and there just isn't all the time in the world.

Bless us All My goodness, *karendianne.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I think you are a normal quilter, so many ideas, so many quilts and so little time, I wouls have voted for you, love the quilts and thank you for the link, amazing!

MichelleB said...

Love those baby quilts! And that teapot quilt is great. So many things to make, it gets hard to decide what to do.

Nan said...

Look at all those cottages on Terri's floor! Beautiful! Your baby quilts are precious, and I think you should win! I would've voted for you had I known.
Star quilts are my favorite - I have so many star patterns! There's something warm and inviting about them to me. Love the teapot quilt, too.

Fran said...

For Christmas I'm asking Santa for a clock that has 48 hours on it so I can just finish what I've already started. So I know exactly how you feel. But such is the life of a quilter right? We want, we want, we want....lol

~~Fran...:c)

Gayle said...

I love the house quilt. :-)

erica e said...

what cute little houses. and yes, i LOVE that scrappy star one too. i can't wait to see you make it. :)

Amanda Jean said...

I can so relate. so so SO many quilts. so little time. oh, it pains me most days. that star quilt of Lisa's that you linked to is gorgeous.

trisha too said...

the baby quilt is beautiful!

the colors, oh, the colors!
:)

Julia said...

I love the tumbler baby quilt. It's so beautiful in the pastel colours !
I love the scrappy stars...oh how I wish I had more time to do everything..
hugs julia

jen duncan said...

Your quilty posts are always such a viewing pleasure for me Nanette. Thank you so much for all the trouble you go through to share with us. :-)

Anonymous said...

Those quilts are all amazing. I know what you mean about having a looong list of quilts stacked up in the brain. I have so many that I want to make and the list keeps getting longer. If only I had a maid....x

jacquie said...

nanette...you never cease to amaze me...that tumbler quilt is fabulous. i'm so glad you entered (though, not good for me), but like you said, it's the chance for fabric! Good luck!

flora said...

Dear friend. I have been running through blogs all morning and thinking of you. I think of you when I blog anyway because you got me started, but especially today because so many sites are either making your cottages for the exchange or they have made your cottages into a great quilt! (have you seen "lit and laundry"?) Anyway, I am impressed and very proud of you, and hope you are pleased too. fg

Candace said...

Gosh - I LOVE that star quilt - but then I am a big fan of star quilts! Thanks for pointing us to Lisa's Blog! Cheers!

Ginger Patches said...

I'm so glad you entered that contest, I hope you win :) O.k. I have sworn off any new blogs--it's taking my 2 weeks to get through my list as it is! But you're right that is one great blog and I've snuck behind my back and added it to my list :)