Fun Fabric Friday and Cottage Quilts

27 comments
I know, I know, I haven't blogged in a few days. Isn't it awful when your life gets in the way of your hobby? So terrible.

Tricia, a local gal, great quilter and sweet new friend wins the prize for "First Christmas Cottage Quilt Completely Finished"! (unless there is one of you that has kept quiet about yours?). Tricia had it quilted by a woman that quilts for me too, from time to time. It is quilted in candy kisses. I love the flying geese trees and the sashing. It pulls it all together. So fabulous Tricia. She's going to bring it to our quilt group meeting on Tuesday and show it. I absolutely love it.So my first cottage flimsy is done. But I haven't taken it to the quilter. And I found out I missed the deadline to submit it to the local Festival of Trees. I will be sure to donate one of the quilts I make next year. I have some other ideas for the other 2 cottage quilts I'm making but I've had to set that aside for a bit. You know how that goes. It is such a crazy busy time of year.
Yes it is Friday. I thought I'd show 2 of my vintage stash fabrics. This one has a rick rack pattern in the border print design.
Two different prints meet the house border. I love the colors and the peaceful neighborhood scene. It is a really unusual and lovely fabric. I originally bought it to cut up and put pieces in my bag kits but I really hate to chop it up.Here is one of my vintage kitchen prints. I like the brick and I will most likely fussy cut the piece into projects. I can use the brick when I make "other" cottages, too. The blue in the fabric just pops out at you.

I've got some new bag kits in my Etsy store (or will today). I sold out so quickly last time and put some more together this week in case there was someone that still wanted a kit. I really enjoy making the kits and deciding what fabric to put in which grouping. Thanks to those that purchased my last ones!

Have a good weekend. - nanette

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

27 comments

Donna said...

Great stuff. Have you seen the new kitchen fabric at the Fat Quarter Shop?

rachel griffith said...

oh i love the flying geese idea with the cottages!!!
i'm getting so many ideas...i know i'm gonna have to make a few cottage quilts.
:D

and congrats on your kits being a great success!!! that's awesome.

nettie said...

I love the vintage house print. it is so pretty!

and of course i love your cottage quilts. i really should have joined your swap.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Love the fabric, Nanette! I know I've got a vintage kitchen quilt in my mind somewhere. It just hasn't jumped out yet.

The cottage quilts are wonderful! The trees are perfect in both of them.

Check out my blog today. You're the star!!

Have a great weekend---

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh I love her cottage quilt, the trees adda a special touch and you already know I love yours. You never seem to run out of wonderful fabric for us to see, just love it! i would not have the heart to cut it either. have a nice weekend too!

Kim said...

I agree you shouldn't cut that village fabric up . It's so fallish and so cute. Congrats on the patterns selling. I love your patterns and working on 2 wallhangings of one of them this weekend. So much fun- but alas I have to finishing cleaning so I can play....sob

Purple and Paisley said...

i love the flying geese trees in tricia's quilt! and your stuff is always amazing...=)...

Purple and Paisley said...

p.s. very nice spotlight on you at glenna's...=)...you're the best...

Messy Karen said...

i love the layout of Tricia's quilt. i'm working on some finishing details on mine. & i love the red border on yours.

Abby and Stephanie said...

My Christmas cottage project is on the back burner until AFTER Christmas. I haven't come up with the perfect plan yet. I love seeing what others are doing.

em's scrapbag said...

Love the cottages. Especially the one with the trees and random stars. You really had a great idea with those.

Eileen said...

Those are the cutest fabrics.. the houses and the kitchen things. What a good idea to use the bricks from the kitchen wall to make houses! So clever.
You have certainly been busier than most. And all wonderful stuff.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! You guys are fast with those Christmas quilts. They're so darn cute!

Betsy said...

Nanette, you have so much wonderful stuff on your blog that I do not know where to begin so here goes:
I love it all.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I agree with Fiesta, the previous comment........I love it all!!!!
:-)

Sherri said...

I love seeing the cottage quilts...love the trees on the first...and I love your red border! I won't be working on mine until all of my Christmas gifts are done...maybe by the first of December--I'm hoping!

Candace said...

Nanette, you and Tricia are SO clever! Both quilts are adorable! Can you send me some TIME so I can get to mine??? And I just love the vintage house and tree prints! Cheers!

CJ said...

WOWEEE to Tricia who was right on top of finishing her quilt! Sorry to hear that you missed the deadline to donate one to the festival...well I'll bet you will be way early for next year. Yeah, I know too well about life getting in the way of a hobby. When WAS the last time I blogged?? :0

Lily Boot said...

oh nanette - the cottage quilts look fabulous - I'm on pins and needles waiting for ours to arrive ! What a shame you missed the Festival of Trees :-( Your fabric is beautiful as usual and I completely understand life getting in the way of blogs! I seem unable to find the balance at the moment :-0

Mel said...

Great cottage quilts! Ambitious too! I'm still collecting and making more, I can't get enough!

jacquie said...

the cottage quilts are wonderful! it is too bad when life gets in the way of our art...move over i say!

Nan said...

Tricia did such a nice job on her cottage quilt - I love the trees! Yours is lovely as well - the border fabric just floats my Noel boat.
And, as always your vintage fabric is wonderfully nostalgic for me. I look forward to your Friday posts with great anticipation. Well, Friday and every day you post! Your blog is such a joy to read.

Cathi said...

The quilts from your Christmas Cottage swap are just wonderful. Love the flying geese trees, love your trees!

Cheryl said...

Love those trees with the cottages, very clever!! I love the fabric you used amongst your houses. Boy I want to get mine done!

Amanda Jean said...

I hate it when life gets in the way of my hobbies, too. the cottage quilts are looking so very fabulous!

Amanda Jean said...

I hate it when life gets in the way of my hobbies, too. the cottage quilts are looking so very fabulous!

Patricia said...

It was so fun to see you last night! I love my little Christmas ornaments!!! Thanks for all you do for me. Love, Tricia