Vintage (after) Christmas Quilt

7 comments
I couldn't help but admire this this pattern from Elizabeth when I saw it on several blogs but I was too busy before before Christmas to even consider getting it done. So during the holidays I kept thinking about how pretty it was and how great the fabric was that she used. I decided even if Christmas was over it was ok to start a project for next year. And, afterall, the fabric is so NOT Christmasy. So I went ahead and ordered the pattern from Elizabeth and the fabric from the Fat Quarter Shop. I augmented it with a few odds and ends I had in stash and began working on it this week. I should be folding fabric and working on my new sewing room right now, but I really wanted to start on a new project.
Its coming along nicely and I'm enjoying it. Elizabeth uses a fusable method but I love to applique circles and hand applique is relaxing so I'm putting it together a little differently. I was going to use some of the vintage lace Natalie gave me for Christmas but the yellow is just not right so I'll have to rethink that some. I will have to fit folding of fabric into my weekend but I'm looking forward to working on this quilt, too. - nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

7 comments

Elizabeth said...

I can't wait to see it when it's finished--it will be so pretty! You're making me want to make another one!

Thimbleanna said...

OHMYGosh Nanette! I've always loved that quilt -- the colors are great! Like you, I love to do hand applique. Have lots of fun with it!

PamKittyMorning said...

So pretty.. this is one of my favorite quilts of Elizabeth's.

Oiyi said...

That is going to be so cute!!

Di~ said...

Cute Cute Cute
How do you have the time???

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Purple and Paisley said...

nanette...this will be just beautiful! love the fabrics, love the pattern...and congrats on your valentine banner being featured on fat quarter shop's jolly jabber blog! that's how i found you but forgot to mention it...